Painter, potter, illustrator, and overall creative person. I love creating and have worked in just about any medium, from good old graphite to clay to digital art. I’m an art graduate of Bluefield College and now live in Virginia with my wonderful husband and an assortment of animals. I’ve illustrated two books, Falling Rain and Split Tongue, by the lovely Laurel Thompson, and am currently working on a third for another author. I hope you enjoy the site and thank you for visiting!
MEREDITH SIMKINS HAYES
Bachelor of Art, Art, December 2014. Summa Cum Laude.
June 2015 – Present
- Evaluate search engines.
PUBLIC PARTNERSHIPS, LLC
Aide for PPL Consumer
August 2014 – December 2014
- Attended classes on Bluefield College’s campus with consumer and took notes.
- Supervised consumer at various times in the event of a seizure.
- Cleaned consumer’s room and laundry.
- Assisted consumer with homework.
- Assisted consumer at meals.
Bluefield, West Virginia
December 2014 – September 2015
- Created twelve graphite illustrations for Split Tongue.
- Painted one oil piece for Split Tongue cover art.
- Created eight graphite illustrations for Falling Rain.
- Painted one oil piece for Falling Rain cover art.
REFORMING FAMILIES COOPERATION
May 2013 – August 2013, May 2014 – August 2014
- Taught private art lessons to ages 5-11.
YOUNG LIFE, ROCKBRIDGE ALUM SPRINGS
- Prepared and served food.
- Set and bussed tables.
APPALACHIA SERVICE PROJECT
Fayette, West Virginia
July 2011 – August 2011
- Repaired homes in impoverished areas.
BIBLES AND LITERATURE IN FRENCH
October 2009 – November 2009
- Assembled and packaged Christian literature.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Taught basketball to children ages 6-12.
August 2007 – April 2010
- Worked as a Sparks leader.
- Assisted Sparks members in memorizing Bible verses.
- Led and supervised Sparks members’ game time.
- President of the Bluefield College Art Club 2013-2014.
- Member of Kappa Pi, chapter Eta Zeta.
- Bluefield College Spire Scholar 2011-2014.
Available upon request.